Highlights of the ANSMANN Energy 16 Plus battery maintenance station
- Charging the batteries: Charging option for 1-12 Micro AAA / Mignon AA, 1-6 Baby C / Mono D, 1-2 9V Block NiCd/NiMH rechargeable batteries.
- Maintaining and refreshing the batteries: The device automatically detects ailing rechargeable batteries, and initiates a refresh program which gently "revives" the batteries.
- Automatic shut-off: State of the art microprocessor-controlled charging technology with multiple overcharge protection guarantees optimally charged batteries and a gentle charging process.
- Quick charge: The Energy 16 Plus automatically determines the optimal charging current for the inserted batteries and charges them with up to 1000 mA in a rapid charging process.
- Individual monitoring: Each battery is individually monitored during charging, and individually charged to its maximum capacity.
- USB charging sockets: Two USB ports offer the possibility to also charge mobile devices with fixed batteries, such as smart phones.
Intelligent charge control
After inserting the batteries, the charger starts an automatic diagnosis and a quick capacity test for about ten seconds. Depending on the condition of the battery, the device selects a gentle pre-charge and/or refresh program, or initiates the actual charging process. The refresh mode restores performance of rechargeable batteries damaged by storage or memory effect, and prolongs their life cycle considerably.
Once a battery is fully charged, the charging process is automatically stopped and switched to trickle charging (buffer charging with current impulses). This feature ensures optimum performance and counteracts the self-discharge of the battery. The battery can thus remain in the device until it is used. A clearly arranged LED display shows the current program mode for each charging slot separately. Should a non-rechargeable or defective battery be inserted accidentally, this will be indicated by a flashing red LED.
The Energy 16 Plus is designed for worldwide use.
ANSMANN Energy series
The microcontroller-monitored charger of Energy series does not require any control elements and, thanks to the fully automatic control, its handling is clear and easy. Apart from USB devices, you can charge all five major battery sizes, also mixed. The battery level prior to charging is irrelevant. The charger is suitable for all brand batteries (NiMH/NiCd) and rechargeable batteries.
- Technical Details
Chargeable cells AAA | AA | C | D | 9V E | USB Input voltage 100-240V AC Worldwide use Yes Individual supervision of cells Yes Over-charging protection (trickle charge) Yes Refresh function Yes Faulty cell detection Yes Capacity quick test Yes Microprocessor control Yes Safety timer Yes Current Micro AAA 400mA (1-12) Current Baby C 1000mA (1-6) Current Mono D 1000mA (1-6) Current 9V E-Block 60mA (1-2) Current USB 1000mA (1-2)